Frequently Asked Questions
- Does National Geographic have any retail stores?
- I bought an item from your catalog. May I return it to the retail store in Washington, DC?
- I would like to buy some Christmas gifts for my staff. Does National Geographic have a corporate gift program?
- I am purchasing a gift box for an item in my order. May I enclose a card?
- May I ship multiple packages to multiple addresses?
- I'm placing an order with my correct address. Why do I get the message, "Address Match Not Found?"
- I received a gift from a friend that I do not really like. May I return it for something else?
- Do you ship to Canada?
- Why am I charged tax when ordering online or from your catalog?
- Why can National Geographic no longer ship to Russia?
- Shop the Road Less Traveled: Is Shop the Road Less Traveled part of the National Geographic Store?
- Geno 2.0 Next Generation Kit
- Personalized Map Puzzle: I purchased the Personalized Map Puzzle and it does not replicate my house or its surrounding area very well.
- Magazines: How do I renew my magazine subscription?
- Software: I’m trying to buy the CD-ROM set with old National Geographic Maps.
- Maps: I would like to buy a copy of a recent supplement map that was in National Geographic Magazine.
- Maps: I would like to buy a copy of a supplement map from the past.
- Maps: Are there retail stores where I can buy National Geographic map products?
- Maps: I am trying to find one of your map printing kiosks.
- Software: I have an old version of the Complete National Geographic, how do I get an upgrade?
Q: Does National Geographic have any retail stores?A: Yes. We have three retail stores. However, most items online or in the catalog are not sold in the retail stores. The addresses are:
National Geographic Headquarters Store
1145 17th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
9:00 – 5:00 Mon thru Sat
10:00 – 5:00 Sun
Grand Canyon IMAX Theater
National Geographic Visitor Center
Highway 64, US 180
P.O. Box 3309
Grand Canyon, AZ 86023
National Geographic UK Store
Lower Guildford Road
GU21 2EP back to top
Q: I bought an item from your catalog. May I return it to the retail store in Washington, DC?A: Unfortunately, no. Since the Retail store does NOT carry 99% of what is online or in the catalog, any returns from the catalog or online must be made by phone with Customer Service. All returns should be sent via a trackable shipping method to:
National Geographic Catalog/Online Returns Dept
5510 E. Holmes Rd
Memphis, TN 38118
*Canadian returns go to:
National Geographic Catalog/Online
P.O. Box 1088
Oakville, Ontario L6J 5E9
Canada back to top
Q: I would like to buy some Christmas gifts for my staff. Does National Geographic have a corporate gift program?A: Yes. The custom order must be for at least 10 units of one product totaling $500 or more. The discounts are as follows:
Q: I am purchasing a gift box for an item in my order. May I enclose a card?A: Yes. If the item can be gift-boxed, you may also include a gift card for the $5 fee. back to top
Q: May I ship multiple packages to multiple addresses?A: Yes. If more than one shipping address is provided, we will ship items to the designated addresses. You will be charged standard shipping and handling rates for each "ship-to" address. back to top
Q: I received a gift from a friend that I do not really like. May I return it for something else?A: Yes. Gift returns received from gift recipients will be accepted. A gift certificate/card will be provided for the value of the purchase. When returning please indicate the item was a gift. back to top
Q: I'm placing an order with my correct address. Why do I get the message, "Address Match Not Found?"A: National Geographic uses an address verification system that compares your address with a standard format as well as postal records. If you've checked your address and it is correct, try: 1) adding spaces between numbers and letters; 2) removing spaces around characters such as hyphens. If you still continue to experience a problem with your address, please contact our Customer Service dept at 888.557.4450 back to top
Q: Do you ship to Canada?A: Yes, by standard shipping only. Products will arrive in 10-14 business days via Canadian Post with no additional duties. back to top
Q: Why am I charged tax when ordering online or from your catalog?A: National Geographic is required to collect taxes in states where we have a business presence. All taxes collected are paid to the state or local government.
|Los Angeles County||9.00%|
|San Francisco County||8.75%|
|Colorado||2.9 - 4.5%|
|District of Columbia||5.75%|
|Oklahoma||Click here for OK sales tax info||Pennsylvania||6.00%|
|New Brunswick||13.0% HST|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||13.0% HST|
|Nova Scotia||15.0% HST|
|Prince Edward Island||14.0% HST|
Q: Why can National Geographic no longer ship to Russia?A: Due to restrictions set forth by Russian Customs, we are unable to ship to Russia at this time.
back to top
Q: Shop the Road Less Traveled: Is Shop the Road Less Traveled part of the National Geographic Store?A: Shop the Road Less Traveled is a new shopping experience brought to you by the team at the National Geographic Store. Shop the Road Less Traveled features unique, handcrafted products created by artisans from around the world. Shop the Road Less Traveled offers the same high-quality customer service and fulfillment as the National Geographic Store. You can track your Shop the Road Less Traveled orders using your National Geographic account.
back to top