Frequently Asked Questions
- Does National Geographic have any retail stores?
- I bought an item from your catalog. May I return it to the retail store in Washington, DC?
- I would like to buy some Christmas gifts for my staff. Does National Geographic have a corporate gift program?
- I am purchasing a gift box for an item in my order. May I enclose a card?
- May I ship multiple packages to multiple addresses?
- I received a gift from a friend that I do not really like. May I return it for something else?
- Do you ship to Canada?
- Why am I charged tax when ordering online or from your catalog?
- Why can National Geographic no longer ship to Russia?
- Geno 2.0 Next Generation Kit
- Personalized Map Puzzle: I purchased the Personalized Map Puzzle and it does not replicate my house or its surrounding area very well.
- Magazines: How do I renew my magazine subscription?
- Software: I’m trying to buy the CD-ROM set with old National Geographic Maps.
- Maps: I would like to buy a copy of a recent supplement map that was in National Geographic Magazine.
- Maps: I would like to buy a copy of a supplement map from the past.
- Maps: Are there retail stores where I can buy National Geographic map products?
- Software: I have an old version of the Complete National Geographic, how do I get an upgrade?
Q: Does National Geographic have any retail stores?A: Yes. We have three retail stores. However, most items online or in the catalog are not sold in the retail stores. The addresses are:
National Geographic Headquarters Store
1145 17th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
9:00 – 5:00 Mon thru Sat
10:00 – 5:00 Sun
Grand Canyon IMAX Theater
National Geographic Visitor Center
Highway 64, US 180
P.O. Box 3309
Grand Canyon, AZ 86023
back to top
Q: I bought an item from your catalog. May I return it to the retail store in Washington, DC?A: Unfortunately, no. Since the Retail store does NOT carry 99% of what is online or in the catalog, any returns from the catalog or online must be made by phone with Customer Service. All returns should be sent via a trackable shipping method to:
National Geographic Catalog/Online Returns Dept
5510 E. Holmes Rd
Memphis, TN 38118
*Canadian returns go to:
National Geographic Catalog/Online
P.O. Box 1088
Oakville, Ontario L6J 5E9
Canada back to top
Q: I would like to buy some Christmas gifts for my staff. Does National Geographic have a corporate gift program?A: Yes. The custom order must be for at least 10 units of one product totaling $500 or more. The discounts are as follows:
Shop Corporate Gifts > back to top
Q: I am purchasing a gift box for an item in my order. May I enclose a card?A: Yes. If the item can be gift-boxed, you may also include a gift card for the $5 fee. back to top
Q: May I ship multiple packages to multiple addresses?A: Yes. If more than one shipping address is provided, we will ship items to the designated addresses. You will be charged standard shipping and handling rates for each "ship-to" address. back to top
Q: I received a gift from a friend that I do not really like. May I return it for something else?A: Yes. Gift returns received from gift recipients will be accepted. A gift certificate/card will be provided for the value of the purchase. When returning please indicate the item was a gift. back to top
Q: Do you ship to Canada?A: Yes, by standard shipping only. Products will arrive in 10-14 business days via Canadian Post with no additional duties. back to top
Q: Why am I charged tax when ordering online or from your catalog?A: National Geographic is required to collect taxes in states where we have a business presence. All taxes collected are paid to the state or local government.
|Los Angeles County||9.00%|
|San Francisco County||8.75%|
|Colorado||2.9 - 4.5%|
|District of Columbia||5.75%|
|New Brunswick||13.0% HST|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||13.0% HST|
|Nova Scotia||15.0% HST|
|Prince Edward Island||14.0% HST|
Last updaed on 12/1/15 back to top
Q: Why can National Geographic no longer ship to Russia?A: Due to restrictions set forth by Russian Customs, we are unable to ship to Russia at this time.
back to top